Florida F Yeguete has surgery on right knee
Florida Gators senior forward Will Yeguete underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday morning to clean up his right knee, the school announced.
Yeguete had the debridement procedure at UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, and his recovery is projected to take four months.
It is the second cleanup procedure he has had on the knee in the past four months. In a debridement procedure, damaged tissue is removed and the area is repaired.
The 6-foot-7, 247-pound Yeguete -- Florida's top interior defender and key player in the Gators' full-court press -- averaged 5.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 31 games last season. He missed five games in February after having arthroscopic surgery to remove loose bodies in his right knee.
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force 35 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos