Texas guard Julien Lewis transfers to Fresno St.
Guard Julien Lewis, one of three players to leave the Texas Longhorns after last season, says he's transferring to Fresno State.
Lewis disclosed his intentions in an interview with KRIV-TV of Houston.
The Longhorns announced his release a little more than a month ago. He'll have to sit out the season, but he'll have two years of eligibility left. Bulldogs head coach Rodney Terry is a former Longhorns assistant.
Lewis was the Longhorns' third-leading scorer last season, averaging 11.2 points in 21 starts. Texas is now without its top three scorers from last season.
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos