Duke's Hood suffering from injured Achilles
Duke forward Rodney Hood injured his Achilles tendon and is withdrawing from the U.S. team's tryout camp for the World University Games.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke forward Rodney Hood injured his Achilles tendon and is withdrawing from the U.S. team's tryout camp for the World University Games.
USA Basketball said Friday that Hood injured his right Achilles tendon during practice Wednesday night. The extent of the injury was not known.
Hood sat out last season after transferring from Mississippi State and has three seasons of eligibility with the Blue Devils.
The native of Meridian, Miss., averaged 10.3 points and 4.8 rebounds in his one season at Mississippi State.
Hood's injury came after North Carolina guard P.J. Hairston withdrew from the tryout camp with a back injury.
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos