Sources: UNLV adds Findlay Prep coach to staff
UNLV coach Dave Rice is set to hire Findlay Prep head coach Todd Simon as an assistant, sources told ESPN.com.UNLV coach Dave Rice is set to hire Findlay Prep head coach Todd Simon as an assistant, sources told ESPN.com.
Simon has been instrumental in Findlay's success as one of the top prep schools in the country since it opened in 2006. He was critical in bringing elite talent to the Henderson, Nev., school, and took over as the head coach prior to last season.
Findlay was 35-1 in Simon's lone season at the helm with the setback coming against St. Benedict's in the semifinals of the ESPN National High School Invitational.
This is a significant hire for the Rebels because Rice should be able to take further advantage of the influx of talent that the program has brought in -- both from within the United States and also internationally.
Anthony Bennett, who was selected as the top overall pick by Cleveland in last week's NBA draft, attended Findlay. Other NBA players who came through the program include Avery Bradley, Tristan Thompson, DeAndre Liggins and Cory Joseph. The program has produced six McDonalds All-Americans.
Simon was the video coordinator for two seasons at UNLV under former coach Lon Kruger before joining Findlay.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos