West Virginia loses fifth player in Murray
West Virginia forward Aaric Murray has left the Mountaineers after one season.
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia forward Aaric Murray has left the Mountaineers after one year, bringing the number of players to exit the program early from last season's team to five.
Coach Bob Huggins announced Murray's departure Monday but didn't give a reason. He says it was a mutual agreement that it would be in Murray's best interest to finish his college career elsewhere.
A source told ESPN.com that Murray had graduated and would be able to transfer and play elsewhere immediately.
The 6-foot-10 Murray averaged 8.8 points and 5.9 rebounds last season as a junior. He transferred to West Virginia from La Salle and sat out the 2011-12 season.
The Mountaineers went 13-19 last season, the worst record in Huggins' 31 years as a head coach.
Information from ESPN.com's Dana O'Neil and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos