Butler's Jones has season-ending wrist surgery
Butler guard Roosevelt Jones had season-ending surgery on his left wrist Thursday in Indianapolis.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Butler guard Roosevelt Jones had season-ending surgery on his left wrist Thursday in Indianapolis.
New coach Brandon Miller said he was happy the surgery went well, and he expects Jones to make a full recovery.
Jones was injured when he tried to break a fall during the first half of the first game on Butler's recent four-game trip to Australia.
The rising junior would have been Butler's top returnee in scoring at 10.1 points, rebounding at 5.6 and assists at 3.5. He was the only player to start all 36 Butler games last season.
Earlier this week, Miller called Jones one of the most unique players in the nation and said that Butler would need multiple players to fill in for Jones as the Bulldogs move to the Big East.
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos