Butler's Jones has season-ending wrist surgery
Butler guard Roosevelt Jones had season-ending surgery on his left wrist Thursday in Indianapolis.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Butler guard Roosevelt Jones had season-ending surgery on his left wrist Thursday in Indianapolis.
New coach Brandon Miller said he was happy the surgery went well, and he expects Jones to make a full recovery.
Jones was injured when he tried to break a fall during the first half of the first game on Butler's recent four-game trip to Australia.
The rising junior would have been Butler's top returnee in scoring at 10.1 points, rebounding at 5.6 and assists at 3.5. He was the only player to start all 36 Butler games last season.
Earlier this week, Miller called Jones one of the most unique players in the nation and said that Butler would need multiple players to fill in for Jones as the Bulldogs move to the Big East.
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos