VCU graduate Haley to play center for USC
Center D.J. Haley has joined Southern California's basketball team and will have one year of eligibility with the Trojans.
LOS ANGELES -- Center D.J. Haley has joined Southern California's basketball team and will have one year of eligibility with the Trojans.
New coach Andy Enfield said Friday that he expects Haley to be a valuable contributor in the senior's return to his home state.
Haley graduated from VCU this summer with a degree in mechanical engineering.
The 7-foot, 250-pounder started four of 29 games for VCU last season, averaging 1.9 points and 1.9 rebounds. He was second on the team with 18 blocked shots.
Haley played against USC in an opening round victory by VCU in the 2011 NCAA tournament.
He is from Palmdale, Calif.
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos