Stanford basketball star to coach at USF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of the best female basketball players to ever play in the Bay Area will now be coaching at the University of San Francisco.
Jennifer Azzi, the former Stanford star, was inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame last June. She led Stanford to a national title in 1990.
Azzi played professionally in the U.S. and overseas for several years and was part of the 1996 U.S. Olympic gold medal team.
stanford cardinal, stanford university, university of san francisco, ncaa wbb
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire 35 min ago
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor 30 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest 36 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday