Vanderbilt's Foggie (knee) to miss at least week
Vanderbilt guard Christina Foggie will miss at least seven to 10 days after injuring her right knee Sunday in a 75-53 loss to Kentucky.NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vanderbilt guard Christina Foggie will miss at least seven to 10 days after injuring her right knee Sunday in a 75-53 loss to Kentucky.
At the end of that period, Foggie will be re-evaluated as the Commodores determine whether she can return this season.
Foggie ranks seventh in the Southeastern Conference at 15.7 points per game. The 5-foot-9 junior led the SEC with a 17.7 average last season.
The Commodores also have other injury problems. Guard Kady Schrann didn't play against Kentucky and is day to day with an ankle injury. Vanderbilt is playing the entire season without center Stephanie Holzer, who dislocated a knee in a preseason exhibition. Center Clair Watkins had a season-ending knee injury last month.
Vanderbilt (15-8, 5-5 SEC) hosts Missouri (15-8, 4-5) on Thursday.
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 13 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos