Duke PG Gray has season-ending knee injury
Duke women's star Chelsea Gray will miss the rest of the season with a dislocated right kneecap.DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke women's star Chelsea Gray will miss the rest of the season with a dislocated right kneecap.
Coach Joanne P. McCallie disclosed the severity of Gray's injury Tuesday.
The fifth-ranked Blue Devils' point guard was hurt with 8:07 left in the first half of Sunday's game against Wake Forest. She landed awkwardly on her knee while going for a rebound and was fouled by Dearica Hamby.
Gray collapsed to the court, grabbing her right knee, and her screams filled a hushed Cameron Indoor Stadium.
McCallie had said Gray could have returned for the postseason if there were no ligament tears, but an MRI indicated season-ending surgery is necessary.
Gray averages 12.6 points for Duke (24-1, 14-0) and leads the Atlantic Coast Conference with averages of 5.4 assists and 3.6 steals.
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos