Baylor sticks as AP No. 1 for 10th week in row
Baylor remained No. 1 in The Associated Press women's basketball poll for a 10th consecutive week.Baylor remained No. 1 in The Associated Press women's basketball poll for a 10th consecutive week.
The Lady Bears received all 40 first-place votes for the third straight week and have won 49 straight Big 12 regular-season and tournament games after routing No. 23 Iowa State for the conference title Monday night.
The top four stayed the same, with Notre Dame, Connecticut and Stanford following Baylor. The Irish and Huskies will play for the third time this season when they meet in the Big East tournament title game Tuesday night. Stanford clinched the Pac-12 tournament Sunday night and won't play again until the NCAA tournament.
Duke, California, Kentucky, Penn State, Texas A&M and Tennessee round out the first 10. The Aggies made the biggest leap moving up 10 spots after winning the SEC tournament.
Purdue rejoined the poll at No. 21 after taking the Big Ten tournament. Toledo and LSU fell out.
The Rockets fell out a week after entering the poll for the first time since 2001. Toledo beat Ball State 63-39 in its lone game of the week.
- Fire that injured 2 in SJ under investigation 8 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos