ETSU coach Kemp will retire after 19 seasons
Karen Kemp is retiring as coach of the East Tennessee State Lady Bucs after 19 seasons and 272 wins.
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. -- Karen Kemp is retiring as coach of the East Tennessee State Lady Bucs after 19 seasons and 272 wins.
Athletic director Richard Sander announced Kemp's decision Tuesday.
Kemp coached the Lady Bucs to four straight postseasons between 2007 and 2010, including three consecutive NCAA tournament berths from 2008 to 2010. She was Atlantic Sun Conference coach of the year in 2008, and she says it's time for her to step aside and let someone else lead the program to new heights.
Sander says a search for a new coach will start immediately.
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 49 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 56 min ago
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 37 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
27 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos