Holdsclaw pleads not guilty to shooting charges
Former WNBA player and Olympic gold medalist Chamique Holdsclaw has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from an argument and shooting in November.ATLANTA -- Former WNBA player and Olympic gold medalist Chamique Holdsclaw has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from an argument and shooting in November.
Fulton County District Attorney's Spokeswoman Yvette Jones says Holdsclaw appeared in court Thursday for a pre-trial conference. Holdsclaw's lawyer was given an opportunity to respond to a six-count indictment charging his client with aggravated assault, criminal damage and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Holdsclaw was arrested after an argument in Atlanta with Tulsa Shock player Jennifer Lacy, who told police she was Holdsclaw's ex-girlfriend. Authorities allege Holdsclaw broke Lacy's car windows and fired at the car. No one was injured.
Edward Garland, Holdsclaw's attorney, has said he intends to try settling the case without a trial.
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 2 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos