Pepperdine women's coach Rousseau resigns
Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.MALIBU, Calif. -- Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.
She didn't indicate her future plans in a statement released Wednesday by the school.
The Waves were 5-23 this season.
Rousseau took Pepperdine to the NCAA tournament in her second season, with the Waves winning the 2006 West Coast Conference tournament title to earn the automatic berth. The team also made two straight Women's NIT appearances in 2010 and 2011.
Athletic director Steve Potts says a search for a new coach will begin immediately.
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos