Pepperdine women's coach Rousseau resigns
Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.MALIBU, Calif. -- Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.
She didn't indicate her future plans in a statement released Wednesday by the school.
The Waves were 5-23 this season.
Rousseau took Pepperdine to the NCAA tournament in her second season, with the Waves winning the 2006 West Coast Conference tournament title to earn the automatic berth. The team also made two straight Women's NIT appearances in 2010 and 2011.
Athletic director Steve Potts says a search for a new coach will begin immediately.
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 51 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 7 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos