Sun's Jones to sit out upcoming WNBA season
Connecticut Sun forward Asjha Jones says she will sit out the upcoming WNBA season to recover from nagging injuries.UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Connecticut Sun forward Asjha Jones says she will sit out the upcoming WNBA season to recover from nagging injuries.
The 6-foot-2 Jones, who played for the U.S. Olympic team, missed 14 games with the Sun last year because of a strained left Achilles tendon. She returned to average 13.6 points and 6.4 rebounds in five playoff games.
Jones says she does not feel she would be fit and ready to play this summer, but plans to return in 2014.
Jones has spent 10 seasons in the WNBA, including nine with the Sun. She is the second leading scorer (3,336 points) and rebounder (1,447 rebounds) in team history.
Sun coach Anne Donovan expressed disappointment with the decision, but says she's confident in the ability of the players that are returning.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 20 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 13 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 45 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos