Cambage spurns Shock, this time for China
Liz Cambage, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 WNBA draft, will not play for the Tulsa Shock this year after skipping last season to play for Australia in the Olympics.TULSA, Okla. -- Liz Cambage, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 WNBA draft, will not play for the Tulsa Shock this year after skipping last season to play for Australia in the Olympics.
Team president Steve Swetoha said Tuesday that Cambage has decided instead to play in China, where she has signed a contract.
The 6-foot-8 Cambage averaged 11.5 points and 4.7 rebounds as a rookie in 2011. She skipped the first part of last season to train for the Olympics, then had been expected to return to Tulsa after the break.
The team even promoted her return after she dunked in one of the Olympic games, only to announce she had decided not to return.
Tulsa has the third pick in this year's draft on Monday night.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 34 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 23 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
53 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos