Cambage spurns Shock, this time for China
Liz Cambage, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 WNBA draft, will not play for the Tulsa Shock this year after skipping last season to play for Australia in the Olympics.TULSA, Okla. -- Liz Cambage, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 WNBA draft, will not play for the Tulsa Shock this year after skipping last season to play for Australia in the Olympics.
Team president Steve Swetoha said Tuesday that Cambage has decided instead to play in China, where she has signed a contract.
The 6-foot-8 Cambage averaged 11.5 points and 4.7 rebounds as a rookie in 2011. She skipped the first part of last season to train for the Olympics, then had been expected to return to Tulsa after the break.
The team even promoted her return after she dunked in one of the Olympic games, only to announce she had decided not to return.
Tulsa has the third pick in this year's draft on Monday night.
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos