Baylor adds All-American G Small to class
Standout prep guard Ieshia Small has signed a national letter of intent with Baylor, completing the Lady Bears' five-player recruiting class.WACO, Texas -- Standout prep guard Ieshia Small has signed a national letter of intent with Baylor, completing the Lady Bears' five-player recruiting class.
Small is a 6-foot guard from Florida High in Tallahassee, Fla., where she averaged 25 points, nine rebounds, 5.4 assists and five steals a game as a senior. She was a McDonald's All-American, Florida's Gatorade Player of the Year and ranked No. 3 nationally at her position.
Small, who signed Wednesday, played on the same AAU team with current Baylor freshmen Niya Johnson and Alexis Prince. The rest of the Lady Bears' new recruiting class signed during November's early period.
Brittney Griner, the three-time All-American and two-time AP player of the year, is one of five Baylor seniors who played their last game in the NCAA tournament.
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 15 min ago
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 3 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos