Alabama coach to make $400K next 5 years
New Alabama women's basketball coach Kristy Curry will make $400,000 annually over the next five years.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- New Alabama women's basketball coach Kristy Curry will make $400,000 annually over the next five years.
University trustees approved the deal extending through April 30, 2018 on Friday.
The contract includes $20,000 bonuses for winning a Southeastern Conference regular season title and another $20,000 for making the NCAA tournament.
Curry will receive $20,000 bonuses for each of her first two seasons if Alabama makes the Women's NIT or finishes among the top seven teams in the SEC standings.
The Crimson Tide haven't made the NCAA tournament since 1999.
Curry was hired in May after seven seasons as head coach at both Texas Tech and Purdue. She led Purdue to the 2001 national championship game.
Her contract includes a $245,000 base salary and a $145,000 talent fee.
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat 57 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos