Indiana loses center Davenport for season
The injury-depleted Indiana Fever received more bad news Friday when center Jessica Davenport was lost for the season.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The injury-depleted Indiana Fever received more bad news Friday when center Jessica Davenport was lost for the season.
Davenport has not played this season because of a stress fracture in her lower left leg. She will have season-ending surgery before the end of June.
The defending WNBA champions have started 1-5 after losing Davenport, guard Katie Douglas with a bulging disc in her lower back, guard Erin Phillips with a torn right meniscus and guard Jeanette Pohlen with a torn left anterior cruciate ligament. Those four players combined for 60 starts during the regular season and playoffs in Indiana's title-winning season.
To replace Davenport, the Fever have signed Jasmine Hassell as a replacement player.
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 1 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 35 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 27 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos