Sky's Delle Donne suffers concussion in loss
Top All-Star vote-getter Elena Delle Donne has suffered a concussion and is questionable for the game on Saturday.
WASHINGTON -- Top All-Star vote-getter Elena Delle Donne has suffered a concussion and is questionable for the game on Saturday.
The Chicago Sky star sustained the concussion in the third quarter of the 82-78 loss Wednesday to the Washington Mystics.
Delle Donne fell to the court during a tussle for the ball. She left the game with 1:01 remaining in the third quarter and did not return.
Chicago coach Pokey Chatman confirmed the concussion after the Mystics team doctor examined Delle Donne. Chatman says the rookie is groggy, with a headache and "moving gingerly. Hopefully, she'll be OK."
But Chatman says WNBA rules mean she'll probably miss 4 to 5 days. "It's unfortunate, obviously for her, for us and also for Saturday. We have to make sure she gets back to healthy."
Mystics coach Mike Thibault thought Delle Donne's head hit the knee of a Mystics player while going for a loose ball.
Delle Donne, the WNBA's third-leading scorer at 18.6 points per game, is the first rookie to lead the All-Star voting.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos