Jackson set to return with Australia's WNBL
Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.CANBERRA, Australia -- Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The WNBL said Friday that Jackson, 32, will play her first game for the Capitals on Oct. 5, although the club said a two-year deal was not yet finalized but close to completion.
Jackson is missing the 2013 WNBA season with the Seattle Storm after undergoing surgery on her right hamstring in January for a chronic injury she says nearly forced her to retire. Jackson said in March that she had no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season.
The four-time Olympic medalist has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 14 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 7 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 56 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 39 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos