Fever clear room for Pohlen season debut
Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana has released rookie forward Jasmine Hassell to clear up a roster spot so guard Jeanette Pohlen can make her season debut Saturday night against Chicago.
Hassell appeared in 12 games and averaged 1.8 points and 1.3 rebounds for a team that has been hit hard by injuries.
Pohlen has not played since tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee during Game 2 of the 2012 WNBA Finals. She was Indiana's top draft pick in 2011 and was the first rookie to lead the league in 3-point percentage (46.8). Last season, Pohlen shot 42.1 percent from beyond the arc and was No. 11 in the league.
Eight different Fever players have missed time because of injuries, including six of top seven scorers from the championship team.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos