Taurasi ties Leslie with 8th All-WNBA honor
Diana Taurasi has tied Lisa Leslie with a record eighth appearance on the All-WNBA team.
NEW YORK -- Diana Taurasi has tied Lisa Leslie with a record eighth appearance on the All-WNBA team.
Taurasi was also on the team in 2004 and from 2006-2011. She averaged 20.3 points and 6.2 assists to get Phoenix back to the Western Conference finals, where it will face Minnesota and fellow first-team members Maya Moore and Lindsay Whalen.
Chicago center Sylvia Fowles is the league's leading vote-getter, while WNBA MVP Candace Parker rounds out the squad announced Wednesday. The Los Angeles Sparks forward is the only member of the group who was on the first team last season.
Chicago's Elena Delle Donne, the rookie of the year, made the second team. She was joined by Indiana's Tamika Catchings, Connecticut's Tina Charles, Atlanta's Angel McCoughtry and Minnesota's Seimone Augustus.
Voting was done by a national panel of media and broadcasters.
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos