Knee to keep UCLA forward Swain out for year
UCLA junior forward Kacy Swain is out for the season because of a right knee injury.
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA junior forward Kacy Swain is out for the season because of a right knee injury.
The Bruins say an MRI revealed a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Swain averaged 3.1 points and 3.0 rebounds per game last year and was second on the team in blocked shots. Her absence leaves UCLA with just two healthy forwards to start the season.
The Bruins also lost sophomore guard Kari Korver for the season after she tore an ACL last month.
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 26 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 11 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 47 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos