Rooks, No. 19 prospect, committing to Stanford
Taylor Rooks, the No. 19 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100, becomes the third Top 100 player to choose Stanford.
Taylor Rooks, the No. 19 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2014 class, has given a verbal commitment to Stanford.
Rooks, a 6-foot senior wing at Gill St. Bernard's School in New Jersey, also was considering Connecticut, Princeton and Harvard. She was named the Gatorade player of the year in New Jersey in 2012-13 as a junior after averaging 27.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, 3.2 steals, 2.1 assists and 1.7 blocked shots per game.
The early signing period for women's basketball begins Nov. 13.
Only four of the top 20 prospects remain undeclared, including No. 1 overall A'ja Wilson.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos