Stanford football to hold kicking tryouts
PALO ALTO, CA (KGO) -- If you can kick, football coach Jim Harbaugh wants to talk with you. Stanford is looking for some good legs, so the team is holding open tryouts for a spot as a kickoff specialist.
Texas Tech tried this last year and the winner of a contest ended up joining the team.
Harbaugh would love to find someone whose kickoffs can reach the end zone.
"Somebody that can kick the ball. We're looking for somebody with a strong leg, male or female. Whoever can kick it the farthest," said Harbaugh. "One of our alumni who sent me an e-mail suggested it. It was a heck of an idea."
The requirements are simple. You must be enrolled at Stanford, have eligibility remaining and most importantly, apply in time to email@example.com.
Tryouts are Saturday, March 7 at 2:00 p.m.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 26 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 59 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case