Stanford football to hold kicking tryouts
PALO ALTO, CA (KGO) -- If you can kick, football coach Jim Harbaugh wants to talk with you. Stanford is looking for some good legs, so the team is holding open tryouts for a spot as a kickoff specialist.
Texas Tech tried this last year and the winner of a contest ended up joining the team.
Harbaugh would love to find someone whose kickoffs can reach the end zone.
"Somebody that can kick the ball. We're looking for somebody with a strong leg, male or female. Whoever can kick it the farthest," said Harbaugh. "One of our alumni who sent me an e-mail suggested it. It was a heck of an idea."
The requirements are simple. You must be enrolled at Stanford, have eligibility remaining and most importantly, apply in time to email@example.com.
Tryouts are Saturday, March 7 at 2:00 p.m.
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 51 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 17 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 9 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 30 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos