Cal Bears to play 2011 season at AT&T Park
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Cal Bears and the San Francisco Giants jointly announced that the Bears will play their home football games at AT&T Park for the 2011 season.
Memorial Stadium in Berkeley will undergo a $321 million retrofit and renovation after the Bears final home game in 2010.
AT&T Park holds 45,000 fans. Memorial Stadium, built in 1923, holds 75,000.
The Bears beat Miami in the Emerald Bowl at AT&T back in 2008, so they are familiar with the stadium.
cal bears, berkeley, san francisco bay, ncaa fb
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case