Cal Bears to play 2011 season at AT&T Park
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Cal Bears and the San Francisco Giants jointly announced that the Bears will play their home football games at AT&T Park for the 2011 season.
Memorial Stadium in Berkeley will undergo a $321 million retrofit and renovation after the Bears final home game in 2010.
AT&T Park holds 45,000 fans. Memorial Stadium, built in 1923, holds 75,000.
The Bears beat Miami in the Emerald Bowl at AT&T back in 2008, so they are familiar with the stadium.
cal bears, berkeley, san francisco bay, ncaa fb
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday