Stanford, Cal talk about upcoming season
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- USC is on probation, Oregon's starting quarterback got kicked off the team. Which means this might be the year for Stanford to seriously contend for the PAC-10 football title.
Cardinal players and coaches, along with a contingent from Cal and San Jose State, all gathered on Monday at the Nikko Hotel in San Francisco to hype up the coming season.
Stanford lost Toby Gerhart to the NFL, so the offense figures to feature a lot more from quarterback Andrew luck.
Likewise, Cal lost Jahvid Best and so Shane Vereen will have to carry more of the load for the Cal bears.
Here's Cal quarterback Vereen on the Bears five-decade PAC-10 title drought.
"Every day, I think it's been 51 years, since the Cal Bears have been to the Rose Bowl. Fifty-one years, I can't even fathom how long that is but I know it's a long time and we're due," says Vereen
"We'll do whatever it takes to move the football and score points. That's our only agenda to help the football team win and we'll see," says Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh.
cal bears, stanford cardinal, ncaa fb
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 40 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday