Tedford roots for Packers, former Cal QB
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Six years ago, quarterback Aaron Rodgers came out of Cal, plummeted in the draft and landed in Green Bay. He waited and waited for Brett Favre to move on and now, he has the Packers in the Super Bowl against the Pittsburg Steelers. Cal Berkeley head coach Jeff Tedford sat down with ABC7 to talk about the kid he discovered at Butte Community College.
"I think he's so confident in what he's doing that that spreads to everybody else. It's very infectious and so looking at the Green Bay team, you can tell how it looks like they really love Aaron. You have to take your hat off to the Green Bay organization to know what they had in Aaron. You know, when you're letting a guy as great as Brett Farve go on his way, it was obvious they knew what they had with Aaron," says Tedford.
When asked how proud was he of Aaron, Tedford said he was "really proud of, not just that he's at the Super Bowl, but the way he's handled himself through the whole thing, the character. I know a lot of Cal people are so proud of him and take a lot of pride in knowing that he's a Cal Bear. And we text back and forth all the time and try to keep in touch and he stayed grounded. And I want to see him win that Super Bowl, that's for sure."
How many guys can make you forget about Farve? That says a lot about Rodgers.
"The level that Aaron is playing at right now, you know, I think you have to mention him with the best in the game. You put him in a category with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as far as throwing the football and you add in his mobility and the way he's able to use his legs, I think he's the best one in the NFL right now," says Tedford.
When asked if he was pulling for the Packers, Tedford says, "Oh, absolutely. We have to root for the Packers and I'll be front and center rooting for those guys."
super bowl, cal bears, ncaa fb, mike shumann
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 50 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 57 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 30 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos