Cal, Stanford consider moving Big Game to Levi's Stadium
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a new, proposed location for next year's Big Game. And some Cal fans say it's a bad call.
The Santa Clara Stadium Authority wants the annual game between Stanford and UC Berkeley moved from Memorial Stadium to the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.
After that, the current school stadium rotation would continue in 2015 with Cal's Memorial Stadium.
Still, some fans say they don't want to mess with tradition.
"I really think that the iconic event itself would be better served being played at one of the more traditional stadiums," Reginald Harper said.
"It's taking away a little of that hometown feel that's kinda neat when you're going in to the opposing area," Jim Langford said.
Both schools would have to approve the move.
This year's Big Game between the Bears and Cardinal is November 23 at Stanford Stadium.
stanford university, uc berkeley, levi strauss, berkeley, santa clara, ncaa fb
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos