Cal, Stanford consider moving Big Game to Levi's Stadium
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a new, proposed location for next year's Big Game. And some Cal fans say it's a bad call.
The Santa Clara Stadium Authority wants the annual game between Stanford and UC Berkeley moved from Memorial Stadium to the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.
After that, the current school stadium rotation would continue in 2015 with Cal's Memorial Stadium.
Still, some fans say they don't want to mess with tradition.
"I really think that the iconic event itself would be better served being played at one of the more traditional stadiums," Reginald Harper said.
"It's taking away a little of that hometown feel that's kinda neat when you're going in to the opposing area," Jim Langford said.
Both schools would have to approve the move.
This year's Big Game between the Bears and Cardinal is November 23 at Stanford Stadium.
stanford university, uc berkeley, levi strauss, berkeley, santa clara, ncaa fb
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY 44 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 24 min ago
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos