Cal, Stanford consider moving Big Game to Levi's Stadium
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a new, proposed location for next year's Big Game. And some Cal fans say it's a bad call.
The Santa Clara Stadium Authority wants the annual game between Stanford and UC Berkeley moved from Memorial Stadium to the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.
After that, the current school stadium rotation would continue in 2015 with Cal's Memorial Stadium.
Still, some fans say they don't want to mess with tradition.
"I really think that the iconic event itself would be better served being played at one of the more traditional stadiums," Reginald Harper said.
"It's taking away a little of that hometown feel that's kinda neat when you're going in to the opposing area," Jim Langford said.
Both schools would have to approve the move.
This year's Big Game between the Bears and Cardinal is November 23 at Stanford Stadium.
stanford university, uc berkeley, levi strauss, berkeley, santa clara, ncaa fb
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday