After Week 1 bye, No. 5 Stanford ready to start
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford coach David Shaw spent the first weekend of college football finishing training camp and glancing at games while playing with his children.
Most of his players huddled around televisions in dining halls and dorm rooms. Others had no idea the season even started until they changed channels Saturday morning.
The wait is almost over.
After spending the first week of the season on the sidelines, No. 5 Stanford is set to kick off its season at home against San Jose State (1-0) on Saturday night. The Cardinal believe watching other teams play - including the Spartans' 24-0 victory over Sacramento State - could be as much of a benefit as a burden.
stanford cardinal, san jose spartans, palo alto, ncaa fb
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 8 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 42 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 40 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos