Levi's Stadium loses bid to host national title game
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Francisco 49ers has lost their bid to host the 2017 college football national championship game at Levi's Stadium.
The game will instead be played at Tampa's Raymond James Stadium. One of the reasons Levi's Stadium was passed over is shortage of hotel rooms in the area.
Organizers also cited the lack of a track record, something the new stadium obviously couldn't overcome.
Levi's Stadium was among six bidders for the January 9, 2017 championship game.
Levi's Stadium, santa clara, san francisco 49ers, ncaa, ncaa fb
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Santa Clara student sets record for...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos