Memorial held for Cal football player Ted Agu
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Wednesday night, hundreds of people gathered at U.C. Berkeley to remember a Cal football player who died last week. Ted Agu collapsed suddenly during a workout. His death has stunned the Cal campus.
A good number of people lingered after the memorial for Agu. They hugged and comforted each other. Friends wanted to remember Agu for the type of person he was off the field. They replayed his life in pictures and song on the wall of Memorial Stadium. Agu was a person that impacted his teammates and his death has left a huge void.
Agu was a defensive lineman for Cal. He was a 21-year-old junior from Bakersfield who wanted to practice medicine after graduation. On Friday he collapsed and died during a routine training run near the stadium.
At the memorial hundreds of friends, fraternity brothers from Omega Psi Phi and team members gathered there to honor the example he set.
It will take six to eight weeks to determine his cause of death. He will be remembered by a banner that will hang outside Memorial Stadium.
berkeley, UC, uc berkeley, ncaa fb
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident 31 min ago
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects 59 min ago
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 46 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 21 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
18 min ago
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery...
59 min ago