Memorial held for Cal football player Ted Agu
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Wednesday night, hundreds of people gathered at U.C. Berkeley to remember a Cal football player who died last week. Ted Agu collapsed suddenly during a workout. His death has stunned the Cal campus.
A good number of people lingered after the memorial for Agu. They hugged and comforted each other. Friends wanted to remember Agu for the type of person he was off the field. They replayed his life in pictures and song on the wall of Memorial Stadium. Agu was a person that impacted his teammates and his death has left a huge void.
Agu was a defensive lineman for Cal. He was a 21-year-old junior from Bakersfield who wanted to practice medicine after graduation. On Friday he collapsed and died during a routine training run near the stadium.
At the memorial hundreds of friends, fraternity brothers from Omega Psi Phi and team members gathered there to honor the example he set.
It will take six to eight weeks to determine his cause of death. He will be remembered by a banner that will hang outside Memorial Stadium.
berkeley, UC, uc berkeley, ncaa fb
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 47 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
47 min ago