Memorial held for Cal football player Ted Agu
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Wednesday night, hundreds of people gathered at U.C. Berkeley to remember a Cal football player who died last week. Ted Agu collapsed suddenly during a workout. His death has stunned the Cal campus.
A good number of people lingered after the memorial for Agu. They hugged and comforted each other. Friends wanted to remember Agu for the type of person he was off the field. They replayed his life in pictures and song on the wall of Memorial Stadium. Agu was a person that impacted his teammates and his death has left a huge void.
Agu was a defensive lineman for Cal. He was a 21-year-old junior from Bakersfield who wanted to practice medicine after graduation. On Friday he collapsed and died during a routine training run near the stadium.
At the memorial hundreds of friends, fraternity brothers from Omega Psi Phi and team members gathered there to honor the example he set.
It will take six to eight weeks to determine his cause of death. He will be remembered by a banner that will hang outside Memorial Stadium.
berkeley, UC, uc berkeley, ncaa fb
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire