Elon fires football coach Swepson after 3 years
Elon has fired football coach Jason Swepson after he went 10-24 in three seasons.
ELON, N.C. -- Elon has fired coach Jason Swepson after he went 10-24 in three seasons.
Athletic director Dave Blank announced the decision Monday, saying "a change in leadership is necessary" to move the program forward.
Swepson came to Elon from Tom O'Brien's staff at NC State in 2011 after Pete Lembo left for Ball State.
The Phoenix were 5-19 in the Southern Conference under Swepson, who was a running back at Boston College from 1989-92.
Elon was 2-10 this season, 1-7 in the SoCon and finished with six straight losses, including a 33-32 loss to Samford on Saturday. The Phoenix began the year with a 70-0 loss at Georgia Tech.
Blank said the school will conduct a national search for Swepson's replacement.
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car 45 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 32 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos