Elon fires football coach Swepson after 3 years
Elon has fired football coach Jason Swepson after he went 10-24 in three seasons.
ELON, N.C. -- Elon has fired coach Jason Swepson after he went 10-24 in three seasons.
Athletic director Dave Blank announced the decision Monday, saying "a change in leadership is necessary" to move the program forward.
Swepson came to Elon from Tom O'Brien's staff at NC State in 2011 after Pete Lembo left for Ball State.
The Phoenix were 5-19 in the Southern Conference under Swepson, who was a running back at Boston College from 1989-92.
Elon was 2-10 this season, 1-7 in the SoCon and finished with six straight losses, including a 33-32 loss to Samford on Saturday. The Phoenix began the year with a 70-0 loss at Georgia Tech.
Blank said the school will conduct a national search for Swepson's replacement.
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday