No. 2 OT Johnson, ex-PSU commit, going to Pitt
Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.Paul Chryst landed his biggest commitment since becoming the coach at Pittsburgh.
Dorian Johnson, an ESPN 150 prospect and the No. 2 offensive tackle nationally, committed to Pitt while on his official visit this weekend, Belle Vernon (Pa.) Area coach Aaron Krepps told ESPN in a text message.
Johnson, who was committed to Penn State before the NCAA sanctions, officially visited Pitt with other ESPN 300 prospects Tyler Boyd (Clairton, Pa./Clairton) and Robert Foster (Monaca, Pa./Central Valley).
Pitt was Johnson's leader since decommitting from Penn State in August. The No. 22 player in the ESPN 150 had the Panthers slightly ahead of Ohio State, with Virginia Tech a distant third.
Johnson has an official visit to Ohio State planned for Dec. 7 and is slated to visit unofficially Nov. 24 for the Michigan game. It is not clear if those visits still will take place.
"Have not had an opportunity to speak with (Johnson) at length," Krepps said about any details surrounding the commitment.
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos