Nebraska's chancellor will head BCS committee
University of Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman has been selected chairman of the BCS presidential oversight committee.University of Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman has been selected chairman of the BCS presidential oversight committee.
Perlman replaces Virginia Tech President Charles W. Steger, whose term is expiring, as the head of the 12-member panel of university leaders who must sign off on major college football's postseason format.
The Bowl Championship Series is heading into its last season. A four-team playoff will be used to determine a major college football champion starting in the 2014 season.
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos