Washington suspends star tight end after arrest
Washington has suspended star tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins indefinitely following his weekend arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence.
SEATTLE -- Washington has suspended star tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins indefinitely following his weekend arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence.
Washington coach Steve Sarkisian told reporters of the decision following the Huskies spring practice late Tuesday night. Sarkisian said Seferian-Jenkins would have no contact with the team while he is suspended. His status will be re-evaluated once the investigation into his incident is complete.
Seferian-Jenkins was arrested following a car accident late Saturday night. A police report said the driver of a vehicle involved in a weekend accident had a bloody nose consistent with hitting his face on the windshield and the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage. He was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Seferian-Jenkins was a third-team all-America selection by the AP last season.
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos