Orange dismiss DE Pierce-Brewster after arrest
Syracuse coach Scott Shafer announced Wednesday that starting defensive end Markus Pierce-Brewster and reserve defensive lineman Davon Walls have been dismissed from the football team for violating team rules.Syracuse coach Scott Shafer announced Wednesday that starting defensive end Markus Pierce-Brewster and reserve defensive lineman Davon Walls have been dismissed from the Orange for violating team rules.
The two players were arrested last week and charged with felony burglary and misdemeanor petit larceny after allegedly breaking into an apartment on campus and stealing $950 worth of electronics. Both appeared at a preliminary court hearing on Monday.
According to the Syracuse Post-Standard, Pierce-Brewster had his case waived to a grand jury. Walls is set to appear in court Sept. 12.
Pierce-Brewster started all 13 games last season, with 30 tackles -- including eight for a loss -- and was expected to be a major factor on the defensive line this upcoming season as a senior. Walls played as a backup in 2012.
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 38 min ago
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati 32 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
51 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water...
38 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos