Source: Ex-Pitt back Shell can't transfer to ASU
Former Pitt running back Rushel Shell will not be allowed to transfer to Arizona State, where former Pitt coach Todd Graham is the head coach, according to a source
Shell requested a release from his scholarship to Arizona State, Arizona, Cal and UCLA. Shell also won't be allowed to transfer to Arizona because former Pitt staffers coach there as well.
Shell ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns as a true freshman.
Shell, 6-foot-1, 215 pounds, is a native of Hopewell, Pa., who committed to Graham before he left for Arizona State after only one season. He also will not be allowed to transfer to an ACC school.
Shell was a four-star recruit as rated by ESPN and the No. 26 player overall. He possesses size, speed and power, and was recruited by many schools including Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Oregon and Tennessee.
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 28 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos