UConn releases new logo earlier than planned
The University of Connecticut has released its new Husky dog logo, about a week earlier than planned.
STORRS, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut has released its new Husky dog logo, about a week earlier than planned.
The school says the sleeker-looking dog will appear on all UConn athletic uniforms beginning in the fall.
The new logo comes out of a marketing partnership between the school's athletic department and Nike, which designed it at no cost to the school. It's part of a larger effort to replace disparate logos used by different Husky teams.
The school says athletes and coaches had input into the design.
The logo was supposed to be released at press event scheduled for April 18. But an image of it appeared on a website selling UConn merchandise and quickly made its way to UConn chat rooms and other Internet sites on Thursday.
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos