NCAA rejects sixth year for Tulsa WR Burnham
The NCAA has denied Tulsa's appeal seeking a sixth year of eligibility for Bryan Burnham, the team's leading receiver two seasons ago.TULSA, Okla. -- The NCAA has denied Tulsa's appeal seeking a sixth year of eligibility for Bryan Burnham, the team's leading receiver two seasons ago.
Burnham was seeking a waiver to play next season for the Golden Hurricane after sustaining a season-ending knee injury in last year's opener against Iowa State. He also missed the 2008 season due to an illness.
The NCAA had previously rejected Burnham's request for a sixth season of eligibility, and an appeals committee rejected his appeal Wednesday.
Burnham led Tulsa with 54 catches for 850 yards and nine touchdowns in 2011.
Coach Bill Blankenship says Tulsa is "extremely disappointed" for Burnham, who had been preparing to play next season.
Burnham says he's "ready to move on now."
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 37 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos