NCAA rejects sixth year for Tulsa WR Burnham
The NCAA has denied Tulsa's appeal seeking a sixth year of eligibility for Bryan Burnham, the team's leading receiver two seasons ago.TULSA, Okla. -- The NCAA has denied Tulsa's appeal seeking a sixth year of eligibility for Bryan Burnham, the team's leading receiver two seasons ago.
Burnham was seeking a waiver to play next season for the Golden Hurricane after sustaining a season-ending knee injury in last year's opener against Iowa State. He also missed the 2008 season due to an illness.
The NCAA had previously rejected Burnham's request for a sixth season of eligibility, and an appeals committee rejected his appeal Wednesday.
Burnham led Tulsa with 54 catches for 850 yards and nine touchdowns in 2011.
Coach Bill Blankenship says Tulsa is "extremely disappointed" for Burnham, who had been preparing to play next season.
Burnham says he's "ready to move on now."
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos