Source: NC State also mulled by QB Bench
USF and Mississippi State are among the schools former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench is considering transferring to, according to a source close to the player.
Former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench is considering transferring to North Carolina State as well as the previously reported Mississippi State and South Florida, a source close to the player said Wednesday.
Bench, eligible to play this season, has three total years of eligibility plus a redshirt available after leaving Penn State this spring. He will visit USF and N.C. State next week, then Mississippi State the week after.
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Bench appeared in two games for the Nittany Lions last season, completing 2 of 8 passes.
Bench considered Mississippi State and also once decommitted from Rice after he graduated from Cairo High School in Georgia. According to his ESPN RecruitingNation scouting report, Bench has a quick, compact throwing motion and can throw on the run.
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality 56 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure 44 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos