Two arrested in Stoops home burglary case
Two arrests have been made in a burglary at the home of Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops.
NORMAN, Okla. -- A suspect in the home burglary of Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops discussed the incident at a party before being arrested early Saturday, according to the Norman Police Department.
Corey McCarty, 21, was arrested at 6:26 a.m. Saturday and charged with first-degree burglary. McCarty also faces charges of possession of stolen property, larceny of a motor vehicle and use of a stolen credit card.
According to the probable cause affidavit, Oklahoma City police detained McCarty while breaking up a party. The affidavit alleges McCarty spoke with a friend about the Stoops burglary at the party before being arrested. He was taken to the Norman Police Department, where he waived his Miranda rights and confessed to the crime, according to the affidavit.
Police also have arrested a second person, but declined to give a name because the suspect is a juvenile.
Stoops' home was burglarized early Wednesday while the family was asleep, according to police. No one was hurt during the break-in, but a vehicle and several other smaller items were stolen.
On Friday, police released surveillance footage images of two people suspected in the burglary.
Police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Newell said there also may be others connected to the crime still at-large.
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos