TCU starting lineman Fabuluje quits team
TCU Horned Frogs offensive lineman Tayo Fabuluje is quitting the team for personal reasons, the school announced Thursday morning.
Fabuluje started 12 games, including 10 at left tackle, for the Horned Frogs last season. That was his first action after transferring from BYU.
Fabuluje earned honorable mention for All-Big 12 newcomer of the year in 2012 and had been listed as the starting right tackle on the Horned Frogs' most recent depth chart. The 6-foot-7, 315-pound lineman would have been one of the anchors of an offensive line returning three starters from last year's team.
TCU players reported for fall camp on Wednesday, and the first practice of fall camp was scheduled for Thursday. TCU opens its season on Aug. 31 at Cowboys Stadium against LSU.
Fabuluje is a native of Euless, Texas, and would have been a junior in 2013. Halapoulivaati Vaitai is behind Fabuluje on the depth chart. The 6-foot-6, 308-pound sophomore appeared in five games as a true freshman in 2012.
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Man prefers 3D-printed hand to pricey prostheses 29 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 2 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos