TCU starting lineman Fabuluje quits team
TCU Horned Frogs offensive lineman Tayo Fabuluje is quitting the team for personal reasons, the school announced Thursday morning.
Fabuluje started 12 games, including 10 at left tackle, for the Horned Frogs last season. That was his first action after transferring from BYU.
Fabuluje earned honorable mention for All-Big 12 newcomer of the year in 2012 and had been listed as the starting right tackle on the Horned Frogs' most recent depth chart. The 6-foot-7, 315-pound lineman would have been one of the anchors of an offensive line returning three starters from last year's team.
TCU players reported for fall camp on Wednesday, and the first practice of fall camp was scheduled for Thursday. TCU opens its season on Aug. 31 at Cowboys Stadium against LSU.
Fabuluje is a native of Euless, Texas, and would have been a junior in 2013. Halapoulivaati Vaitai is behind Fabuluje on the depth chart. The 6-foot-6, 308-pound sophomore appeared in five games as a true freshman in 2012.
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide 24 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos