Clowney will play opener vs. North Carolina
Get ready, North Carolina. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says a slightly banged-up Gamecocks All-American Jadeveon Clowney will play against the Tar Heels on Aug. 29.
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Get ready, North Carolina. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says a slightly banged-up Gamecocks All-American Jadeveon Clowney will play against the Tar Heels on Aug. 29.
Clowney had missed a scrimmage on Saturday and practice Monday with a bruised shoulder. Spurrier had said Monday night that if Clowney's sore shoulder didn't improve, he might sit the defensive end for the season opener.
Clowney returned to practice Tuesday.
Spurrier was miffed that Clowney and other injured players like receivers Bruce Ellington and Damiere Byrd remained in the locker room Monday night instead of watching their teammates practice. But Spurrier said Wednesday that all communications problems with Clowney have been resolved.
Spurrier has tried to take the focus off Clowney in recent weeks, saying it takes an entire team to win championships.
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 21 min ago
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 55 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups 19 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos