BYU receiver Hoffman suspended for game
BYU receiver Cody Hoffman sat out the Cougars' game Friday night against Middle Tennessee after being suspended for violating a team rule.
PROVO, Utah -- BYU receiver Cody Hoffman sat out the Cougars' game Friday night against Middle Tennessee after being suspended for violating a team rule.
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall didn't provide details in announcing the one-game suspension.
The senior receiver leads the Cougars in receiving with 171 yards on 10 receptions in two games. Hoffman missing the team's season-opening loss to Virginia because of a hamstring injury.
Hoffman leads all active FBS receivers in career receiving touchdowns with 28 and ranks third among active receivers in career receptions with 213 and career receiving yardage with 2,889.
He is the second high-profile player to be suspended in two weeks. Starting linebacker Spencer Hadley was suspended for five games before last week's loss to Utah after violating the school's honor code.
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 7 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 7 min ago