Source: Playoff selectors named next week
The College Football Playoff selection committee will be officially announced next Wednesday in Dallas, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.
The College Football Playoff's 13-member selection committee will be officially announced next Wednesday in Dallas, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.
ESPN and The Associated Press last week identified the 13 members as Barry Alvarez, Mike Gould, Pat Haden, Tom Jernstedt, Jeff Long, Oliver Luck, Archie Manning, Tom Osborne, Dan Radakovich, Condoleezza Rice, Mike Tranghese, Steve Wieberg and Tyrone Willingham.
The committee will be responsible for selecting the four teams that advance to the College Football Playoff beginning after the 2014 regular season, as well as ranking and placing at-large teams in the noncontract New Year's Day bowls (Cotton, Fiesta and Chick-fil-A).
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- VIRAL VIDEO: Little girl donates hair to... 22 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 19 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 40 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 41 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
8 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos