Florida girl to become first varsity quarterback
FLORIDA (KGO) -- A 17-year-old girl is about to make history in the state of Florida.
Erin DiMeglio is the first girl to play quarterback on a boys' varsity football team. Her coach had coached her in flag football and he knew she had the skills to play tackle with the boys.
And, even with her great arm, she says football isn't her "best" sport. She hopes to play basketball in college.
high school sports, high school
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 4 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 6 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 38 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
4 min ago