Team USA freeskier works to rescue stray dogs in Sochi
SOCHI, Russia (KGO) -- Team USA freeskier Gus Kenworthy is not only busy getting ready for his Olympic debut, but apparently he's also taken on the side job of rescuing dogs in Sochi.
Kenworthy, of Telluride, Colo., tweeted a photo of him with one of the puppies Tuesday morning. He wrote, "Oh my glob, look who I just found! :) #sochistrays."
A little while later he tweeted another photo with more, saying, "Puppy love is real to puppies."
The puppies are believed to be strays wandering the streets of Sochi.
Kenworthy is working to bring the pups home. On Wednesday he tweeted, "Also, for the people wondering, I've lined up kennels 4 the pups & made vaccination appointments. Doing all I can to bring them home w/ me!"
olympics, animal, animals in peril, pets, olympics
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 11 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos