Kid loses his trophy in fire; gets one from Giants
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A 4-year-old boy whose home was destroyed in a fire last weekend got a thrill at the San Francisco Giants' game.
Zach Bryan from El Dorado Hills, outside Sacramento, lost his treasured tee-ball trophy in that fire along with all of his baseball gear.
After hearing the news, the Giants invited Zach to come watch the team warm-up on the field Wednesday night and that's when the team mascot, Lou Seal, surprised him with a "giant" replacement trophy.
Zach said Lou Seal gave him a nice trophy and he was so excited, he said he wanted to sleep with it.
Zach also got a new mitt and autographed baseballs from the team and his whole family got to stay and watch the game.
san francisco giants, at&t park, mlb
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 36 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 58 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos